What is this for? Help you to evaluate a range of alternatives quickly, and align as a team on immediate actionable next steps.
Step 1: Range of alternatives
- You should start this activity with a range of alternatives (appr. 8-12)
- If you don't have a clear list of options yet you can use another tool to identify them with a team such as:
- Write each alternative on a sticky (or digital sticky)
Step 2: Prepare the quadrants
- On a whiteboard or digital collaboration tool draw out the simple quadrants
- (Read )Intro to digital collaboration
Step 3: Plot and evaluate alternatives
- One at a time assess each stick on the board with your team
- Start by asking the team about "Impact"
- Does the sticky belong more towards the top (higher impact) or bottom (lower impact) of the board
- Then for the same sticky ask about Effort
- More to the right (higher effort) or left (lower effort)
- Continue with one sticky at a time until all are placed
Step 4: Determine the lead alternatives
- Top left quadrant: Do now! Can get these moving in less than a week (maybe even today)
- Top right quadrant: Make it a project
- Bottom left: Put a task in the backlog
- Bottom right: Forget for now
Step 5: Action steps
- Take each of the stickies except from the bottom right quadrant
- Have each member in the group volunteer to take ownership of a sticky
- They can do/start the initiative themselves or nominate and find someone to take the initiative forward
Try it now
Something to make this feel actionable and easy to apply. Haven't quite figured out exactly what this could be.
Embed Mural board here?
- e.g. link to book
- e.g. MBM paper
- e.g. Case Study